- Mazda Miata NB 1.8L (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)
- The installation of this kit requires cutting the plastic undertray. OEM part number for plastic undertray is NA01-56-111F.
- During our testing, we had no issues with oil cooler damage, but if concerned, we recommend purchasing window screen or chicken wire to provide additional protection to the oil cooler core.
Specs & Features
- Direct fit for the 1999–2005 Mazda Miata NB
- Silver Thermostatic: MMOC-MIA-99T
- Black Thermostatic: MMOC-MIA-99TBK
- Reduces oil temperatures by 10°F (5.6°C)
- Mounting brackets also serve as ducting to channel air to cooler
- Minimal pressure drop
- Works with most aftermarket turbo kits
- Pre-made stainless steel braided oil lines with durable -10AN fittings
- Billet aluminum thermostatic oil sandwich plate allows oil to reach optimum temperature
- Cooler available in either Sleek Silver or Stealth Black
- Increases oil capacity by 0.5 qt
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- A perfect complement to the Mishimoto Mazda Miata NB Performance Aluminum Radiator
Install Torque Specs
Recommended torque specification for all straight fittings and banjo bolts: 15-25 ft/lbs (operating range). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 ft/lbs.
It is the installer's responsibility to check all thermostat plugs, NPT plugs, line fittings, and other connections to assure they are fully tightened before operating the vehicle. Mishimoto recommends that you check all connections at regular intervals, especially during the first few miles after installation.
- (2) Application Specific Mounting Brackets
- (2) Application Specific Oil Cooler Ducts
- (1) 10-Row Oil Cooler (Silver or Black)
- (1) 1ft Stainless Steel Braided Hose w/ 120 Degree -10AN Fittings
- (1) 1ft 9.5in Stainless Steel Braided Hose w/ 90 Degree and 120 Degree -10AN Fittings
- (1) M20 Thermostatic Sandwich Plate
- (1) M20 Stainless Steel Sandwich Plate Adapter
- (2) M20 x -10AN Straight Fittings
- (1) Large O-ring
- (1) Mounting Hardware Set
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Product Description
Mazda Miatas love track days, but with hot laps come hot oil temperatures. High oil temps can be detrimental to a vast majority of engine components, and a fried piston ring can turn your fun track day and into a costly repair. NB Miatas come with a stock liquid-to-liquid oil cooler, which is sufficient for daily driving, but just doesn’t cut it when it comes to more spirited driving.
During testing, this Miata oil cooler kit dropped oil temperatures 10°F (5.6°C) when tested on a 65 mph highway cruise. This Miata oil cooler set-up is definitely going to come in handy when you’re redlining your engine around the track. The design of the mounting bracket serves as ducting to channel air to the cooler, and it mounts the cooler away from the front bumper to save room for an intercooler. And who doesn’t want an intercooler, a turbo, and other forced induction bits? Speaking of forced induction, turbos can also heat-up oil, which makes an oil cooler a vital addition to your boosted Miata.
This Miata oil cooler kit features a billet aluminum thermostatic oil sandwich plate to ensure that your oil reaches optimum temperature before flowing to the cooler. Overcooled oil can be just as dangerous as overheated oil, making this feature especially important in colder climates. This Miata oil cooler kit also comes with pre-made stainless steel braided lines with durable -10AN fittings and the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty, so you can depend on this cooler as much as you depend on your roadster.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
More in this categoryMazda Miata NB Oil Cooler Kit
Mazda Miata NB Parts
Mishimoto Oil Cooler Kits
Reviews on this product
Ordering from Redline360Redline360 is an Authorized Dealer so we only sell authentic and genuine parts and accessories.
Order updates, tracking and info
Our goal is your complete satisfaction. Upon ordering, you will receive an email confirmation of your order along with your invoice. You will be able to log into our website 24/7 to check on your order at any time. Your order is processed Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm PST as soon as it is placed. Once your order ships, we will email you a tracking number so you can track your package.
Multiple distribution points ready to serve you!
We ship from multiple locations around the United States so you receive your part as quick as possible. Not every warehouse stocks all the same parts, so the closest warehouse to you that has the part in stock is where your order will ship from. We ship from California, Nevada, Indiana, Michigan, Florida, Texas and Pennsylvania.
We take security seriously! We are never exposed to your credit card information, and it's never stored. Credit card transactions go through the credit card processor directly. We also offer various other payment methods such as PayPal, Affirm Financing (Pay over time), Amazon Pay, Apple Pay and more!
Any non CARB compliant items can not ship California. We will notify you if we have to cancel your order.
Some products may be subject to local rules, laws and regulations in certain areas. Always check your local laws to determine legal restrictions. We are not responsible if you buy a product that is not legal in your area.
Questions? Contact us.
Actual item may vary from picture