- Application: Application Specific
- Thermostat And Housing Included: No
- Mounting Hole Quantity: 4
- Housing Material: Aluminum
- Impeller Material: Powdered Metal
- Installation Warnings: Yes
- Hub Hole Quantity: 6
- Fan Clutch Included: No
- Impeller Vane Quantity: 6
- Includes Back Housing: Yes
- Related Cooling Fan Components: No
- Casting Number:
- Short - 8820
- Long - 8821
- Availability Note: Available to Order
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Hub Height:
- Short - 5.625 in
- Long - 6.938 in
- Impeller Rotation: Standard
- Outlet Quantity: 1
- Pulley Included: No
- Water Pump Drive Type: V-Belt
1969-'76 vehicles (original pump casting #3853692) require the included spacer to be placed between the pump and the alternator bracket.; Some applications (original pump casting #364790) require power steering bracket spacer (included).; Some vehicles (original pump casting #6263701) require a through hole instead of the threaded hole for the power steering. If this is the case, drill out the threads with a 3/8" drill bit.; Check closely for any interference with drive belts; some filing for clearance may be necessary with some applications.; Installation is the same as for original equipment water pumps. Consult service manual for specific procedures, if necessary.; CAUTION: Be sure that fan bolts don't protrude through the hub so far that they hit the water pump housing; NOTE: Removal of backing plate is not recommended, as there are no user serviceable parts in the water pump. If backing plate is removed, use no sealer on O-ring equipped models, and use conventional gasket sealer (not RTV silicone) on gasketed models
Description and Information
- Edelbrock #8820 Water Pump short style 1955-68 SBC engine polished ideal to prevent overheating in street rods and street machines, as well as in tow rigs and motorhomes. Using state-of-the-art racing technology, Edelbrock has designed these "super cooling" water pumps to provide maximum flow, maximum pressure and equal distribution to both sides of the block within 1%. Available for most popular applications, these high performance pumps flow in only one direction for optimum efficiency. The casting's computer-designed internal passages and precision powdered metal impeller produce the maximum flow rate possible.
- Edelbrock #8821 Water Pump long style 1969-88 SBC engine polished ideal to prevent overheating in street rods and street machines, as well as in tow rigs and motorhomes. Using state-of-the-art racing technology, Edelbrock has designed these "super cooling" Water Pumps to provide maximum flow, maximum pressure and equal distribution to both sides of the block within 1%. Available for most popular applications, these high performance pumps flow in only one direction for optimum efficiency. The casting's computer-designed internal passages and precision powdered metal impeller produce the maximum flow rate possible.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Reviews on this product
Edelbrock Water Pumps
Ordering from Redline360
Redline360 is an Authorized Dealer so we only sell authentic and genuine parts and accessories.
Order updates, tracking and info
Our goal is your complete satisfaction. Upon ordering, you will receive an email confirmation of your order along with your invoice. You will be able to log into our website 24/7 to check on your order at any time. Your order is processed Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm PST as soon as it is placed. Once your order ships, we will email you a tracking number so you can track your package.
Protect your purchase
Redline360 offers our customers piece of mind! We have partned with Extend to offer you Extend Product Protection and Extend Shipping Protection. Read about each protection that Extend offers to Redline360 customers!
Multiple distribution points ready to serve you!
We ship from multiple locations around the United States so you receive your part as quick as possible. Not every warehouse stocks all the same parts, so the closest warehouse to you that has the part in stock is where your order will ship from. We ship from California, Nevada, Indiana, Michigan, Florida, Texas and Pennsylvania.
We take security seriously! We are never exposed to your credit card information, and it's never stored. Credit card transactions go through the credit card processor directly. We also offer various other payment methods such as PayPal, Affirm Financing (Pay over time), Amazon Pay, Apple Pay and more!
Any non CARB compliant items can not ship California. We will notify you if we have to cancel your order.
Some products may be subject to local rules, laws and regulations in certain areas. Always check your local laws to determine legal restrictions. We are not responsible if you buy a product that is not legal in your area.
For items that have free shipping, free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
Questions? Contact us.
Actual item may vary from picture